WRESTLING USA is published 9 times yearly as follows: once a month during September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April and May.
WRESTLING USA MAGAZINE will:
• Help you improve your wrestling technique.
• Teach you how to Develop better match strategies.
• Give you the best in coaching tips from the nation's best coaches.
• Show you the nation's award winning wrestling action photos.
• Give you advise from National and Olympic wresting champions.
• Show you the latest in Sports medicine for wrestlers.
• Insert several large "Wrestling Action Posters" in upcoming issues.
• Tell you about wrestling dynasties on the high school and college levels
• Keep you updated on the nations best wrestlers with our national high school rankings
• Keep you updated with the national high school team rankings
• Keep you updated with the national college wrestlers and team rankings
• Tell you about weight training for wrestlers
• Recognize the nation's best seniors, "High School All-America Teams"
• Show you who are the best wrestlers and teams in your state
• Give you the history of the nation's best wrestlers, wrestling teams and coaches
• Let you know who are the best in kid wrestling in the USA.
• Have historical articles on past high school and college wrestlers and wrestling teams.
• Give you the results of the state high school championships.
• Give you full results of the Olympic, world, Junior and cadet national championships.
• and much, much more
Why Wrestle ?
Wrestling prepares a boy to fight the game of life. The Wrestler is the one athlete who must meet his opponent and do battle completely on his own; no one can substitute; no time outs are possible. He has no one to check, screen, block or assist him in any way; there is no one to blame for his mistakes. When he wins; he must show pride and modesty; when he loses, the responsibility is his.
No sport requires more sacrifice than wrestling. The individual, through self-denial. offers More to his character then can ever be explained here. It is something he carries with him throughout life, and through every trial, test, and tribulation.
Wrestling is a common heritage of all ages - of all civilizations, It offers the inimitable thrill of individual combat under socially acceptable conditions. it efforts unrivaled useful skills. It demands independence of thought and action, and encourages self-confidence and self-restraint. It contributes to the development of well rounded personality, and increases one's capacity for an active and abundant life. Our hope is that, in the future, the joys, the experiences, and benefits of this time honored sport may be brought in larger measure to an even increasing host of American Youth.
Coach Lanny Bryant
editor/owner Wrestling USA Magazine